Our practice's history in El Paso begins in 1956 with Dr. Dean Goff, who had lived quite an interesting life prior to becoming a Doctor of Optometry. He was born in Mankato, MN on August 22, 1919. Dr. Goff served in the Army Air Corp during WWII. He was proud to have flown both the B-17 and B-29 and became an instructor pilot until the war ended in 1945. Following his release from the Air Corp in 1945, he returned to complete his optometric degree and graduated from Los Angeles College of Optometry in May of 1947. Dr. Goff practiced optometry until his 80th birthday, both in private practice and as the Chief Optometrist for Farah Manufacturing. He was an active Rotarian with perfect attendance for 50 years and received the Paul Harris Fellow award.
Envision Eyecare began on North Loop Drive in 1956 with Dr. Dean Goff. In 1978, Dr. Kathleen Goff and Dr. Kenneth Falknor joined Dr. Kathleen Goff's father, Dr. Dean Goff's practice. In 1990, Dr. Larry Falknor joined Envision Eyecare and his brother, Dr. Kenneth Falknor, and partner, Dr. Kathleen Goff. In 1995, the 3 doctors decided to expand and opened our Westside clinic off of Remcon. 15 years later, they decided to expand once more and opened up our Eastside location in December of 2010. In 2014, Dr. Anna M.L. Ellsesser was asked to join Envision Eyecare and Envision Optic's growing practice, and in 2015, Dr. Andrew J. Zaborowski was brought on as our newest associate doctor.
From left to right: Dr. Kenneth Falknor, Dr. Kathleen Goff, Dr. Dean Goff in 1985.